Dr. Sonakshi Ruhela
- Position: Counselling Psychologist | Specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy | Behavioral & Lifestyle interventions
- Experience: 12+
- Qualification: PhD in Psychology, Thesis work- “Counselling Intervention Program for Positive Lifestyle Development in Youth experiencing Psychological Distress
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +971528617053
Request an Appointment
Personal Experience & Biography
Dr. Sonakshi Ruhela is a Community Development Authority (CDA) licensed Psychologist with over 12 years of experience in the field of Counselling, Psychotherapy, Behavioral-Lifestyle interventions, Neuro-linguistic programming and Psychometric assessment. She has worked extensively in the area of adolescent and adult counselling, Relationship management (Couples and Family), Intimacy issues, Depression, Anxiety and Emotional- Psychological distress, in both India and UAE. She has authored the Book- “Counselling Interventions for Millennials”,which is published by Lambert Publications in 9 languages (https://www.amazon.com/Counseling-Interventions-Millennials-Progressive-Social-Emotional/dp/6202686235).
She is expert in providing interventions to a wide range of psychological concerns and follows an eclectic model of therapy employing Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, solution focused and client-centred approaches to deal with client concerns. She is instrumental in helping clients’ improve their overall happiness and well-being by talking through their challenges, collaboratively determining realistic and achievable goals, and providing them with necessary skills and tools to bring in a positive change and enhancement to their quality of life. She is competent in providing Mental Health care of International ethical standards to her clients.
She holds a Harvard Certification in Higher Education with a PhD in Psychology, recognised by the Ministry of Education, UAE. She is also an accomplished Educationalist, and is currently the Program Head for Psychological Sciences at Curtin University Dubai. She was the Former Associate Registrar and Assistant Professor, Psychology at Amity University Dubai. She was pioneer in forming the Department of Psychology at Amity University Dubai in 2016. She has conducted over 100 national and international events, school seminars, talkshows, conferences, industrial trainings, community engagement initiatives hosted by various schools, hospitals/clinics, government entities, corporates in India, UK and UAE. She has a rich Research profile with Scopus index publications and Research Projects at ICSSR & All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), India and Al-Jalila Foundation, UAE. She is a professional member of the American Psychological Association, Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists and Middle East Psychological Association.
She is the recipient of the following awards:-
- People choice award for Excellence in Mental Health, by The World Health Awards in 2021
- Great Indian Women Leader Category- Education Award, by Golden Signatures award in 2021
- Middle East Women Leaders Award, by World Women Leadership Congress & Awards in 2020
- Outstanding achievement for Autism Awareness’ award, by CEIMC/ Maharat Learning centre, UAE in 2018.